Listen: Spotify, Apple Music, Bandcamp, “Actual Feelings”
- November 25 “I Try My Tongue (sequences)” Fondation Beyeler Basel CH
- November 26 “I Try My Tongue (sequences)” KASKO Basel CH
- December 7 – 9 Workshop (Nr.2) “Back to the Leave” with Michele Rizzo at Lateral Roma IT
- December 14 “I Try My Tongue (sequences)” SOL INVICTUS Istituto Svizzero Palermo IT
- December 15 “I Try My Tongue (sequences)” SOL INVICTUS Istituto Svizzero Milano IT
- December 16 “I Try My Tongue (sequences)” SOL INVICTUS Istituto Svizzero Roma IT
- “Actual Feelings” OCT0 Marseille with Joyfully Waiting and Czarnagora
- September 24 – October 29 “A Familiar Hole” Blue Velvet Projects Zürich CH
- October 7 – 8 Gessnerallee Zürich CH
- September 4 Joyfully Waiting Geneva CH
- August 27 Systema Marseille FR
- July 30 Echo Correspondence Vienna AT
- July 7 Norbergfestival SE
- June 19 Ephemera Festival PL
- June 15 – 19 directing of the score “Star Star Star” by Mica Levi with KEM School at Ephemera Festival PL
- June 10 – 12 Perrrformat Zürich / Zürich Art Weekend CH
- June 1 – 3 Workshop (Nr.1) “Back to the Leave” with Michele Rizzo at Lateral Roma IT
- February – April Residency PIVO and Pro Helvetia Sao Paulo BR
- January 29 Gessnerallee Zurich CH
- January 20 – 23 Arsenic Lausanne CH
- December 9 Bourse de Commerce — Pinault Collection Paris FR
- November 22 – December 23 Residency at Palazzo Trevisan degli Ulivi, Swiss Arts Council Venice IT
- November 13 La Casaforte S.B. Napoli IT
- November 13 Galleria Fonti Napoli IT
- November 6 All Stars Art Space Lausanne CH
PRICE work is characterised by elaborate soundscapes, costumes and stage design often developed in collaborative constellations. His productions play with the audience’s expectations of the exposed, ostensibly authentic self of the performer, who emotes before their eyes. They are interspersed with pop-cultural set pieces, mechanical sounds, rhythms and his own singing voice. The voice forms a central element of his work. PRICE views it as an acoustic form of emotional communication outside language’s imperative to create meaning.
In PRICE’s work, different spaces—each with their own economies, mechanisms of historicisation and exclusion, norms and potentials—overlap: the stage of theater and performance, the club, digital space, the fashion runway, the exhibition space. The drama known as PRICE unfolds against the backdrop of spaces divided into their individual, constituent parts.
His performances alternate between total immersion and the abrupt unmasking of the means of theatrical staging. Part of this involves the emotional work that has to be invested in order to maintain the fiction of the performer’s individual identity—a genuine expenditure that is always also an effect, like the artificially shimmering sweat on his forehead. These are not the irreconcilable oppositions of artificial and authentic around which he moves. Rather, PRICE is interested in the conflicting relationship between these socially normative categories, the realm of which is the (queer) self, the (queer) body. Misfit costumes reference a variety of other possible forms of wearing by different bodies; instances of stumbling and struggling sneak into PRICE’s work. For him, failure is always also part of a queer strategy: an indifference to assimilation, rigid identities and the demands on the self in digital capitalism. It is a second-degree failure that is always part of the presentation.
Performances, inter alia, at Swiss Dance Days 2019, Kunsthalle Basel, 1.1 Space for Zeitgeist, Dampfzentrale and Stadtgalerie Bern; Helmhaus, Tanzhaus, Kunsthalle Zürich, Bar3000, Cabaret Voltaire Zürich; Arsenic – Contemporary Performing Arts Center and Le Bourg, Les Urbaines Festival Lausanne; Centre for Contemporary Art and KEM Warsaw; Centre Culturel Suisse, Paris; Le Commun, Geneva; Vrankrijk, FLAM Festival Amsterdam; Beursschouwburg, Performatik festival, Batard festival, Rosa Brux, Brussels; STUK – House for Dance, Image & Sound, Leuven; MAD House Helsinki; Human Resources, NAVEL, and PAM Los Angeles; My Wild Flag MDT Stockholm, mumok and Burgtheater Kasino within ImPulsTanz Festival Vienna, Galpao Bela Maré and Carpintaria, Rio de Janeiro.