– July 7 Norbergfestival SE
– Echo Correspondence Vienna AT
– Joyfully Waiting Geneva CH
– Gessnerallee Zürich CH
– June. 19 Ephemera Festival PL
– June. 15-19 directing of the score „Star Star Star“ by Mica Levi with KEMM School at Ephemera Festival PL
– June. 10-11-12 Perrrformat Zürich / Zürich Art Weekend CH
– June. 1-3 Workshop Back to the Leave with Michele Rizzo at Lateral Roma IT
– Feb.-April Residency PIVO and Pro Helvetia Sao Paulo BR
– Jan. 29 Gessnerallee Zurich CH
– Jan. 20-21-22-23 Arsenic Lausanne CH
– Dec. 9 Bourse de Commerce – Pinault Collection Paris FR
– Nov.22- Dec.23 Residency at Palazzo Trevisan degli Ulivi, Swiss Arts Council Venice IT
– Nov.13 La Casaforte S.B. Napoli IT
– Nov.13 Galleria Fonti Napoli IT
– Nov. 06 All Stars Art Space Lausanne CH
PRICE work is characterised by elaborate soundscapes, costumes and stage design often developed in collaborative constellations. His productions play with the audience’s expectations of the exposed, ostensibly authentic self of the performer, who emotes before their eyes. They are interspersed with pop-cultural set pieces, mechanical sounds, rhythms and his own singing voice. The voice forms a central element of his work. PRICE views it as an acoustic form of emotional communication outside language’s imperative to create meaning.
In PRICE’s work, different spaces—each with their own economies, mechanisms of historicisation and exclusion, norms and potentials—overlap: the stage of theater and performance, the club, digital space, the fashion runway, the exhibition space. The drama known as PRICE unfolds against the backdrop of spaces divided into their individual, constituent parts.
His performances alternate between total immersion and the abrupt unmasking of the means of theatrical staging. Part of this involves the emotional work that has to be invested in order to maintain the fiction of the performer’s individual identity—a genuine expenditure that is always also an effect, like the artificially shimmering sweat on his forehead. These are not the irreconcilable oppositions of artificial and authentic around which he moves. Rather, PRICE is interested in the conflicting relationship between these socially normative categories, the realm of which is the (queer) self, the (queer) body. Misfit costumes reference a variety of other possible forms of wearing by different bodies; instances of stumbling and struggling sneak into PRICE’s work. For him, failure is always also part of a queer strategy: an indifference to assimilation, rigid identities and the demands on the self in digital capitalism. It is a second- degree failure that is always part of the presentation.
Performances, inter alia, at Swiss Dance Days 2019, Kunsthalle Basel, 1.1 Space for Zeitgeist, Dampfzentrale and Stadtgalerie Bern; Helmhaus, Tanzhaus, Kunsthalle Zürich, Bar3000, Cabaret Voltaire Zürich; Arsenic – Contemporary Performing Arts Center and Le Bourg, Les Urbaines Festival Lausanne; Centre for Contemporary Art and KEM Warsaw; Centre Culturel Suisse, Paris; Le Commun, Geneva; Vrankrijk, FLAM Festival Amsterdam; Beursschouwburg, Performatik festival, Batard festival, Rosa Brux, Brussels; STUK – House for Dance, Image & Sound, Leuven; MAD House Helsinki; Human Resources, NAVEL, and PAM Los Angeles; My Wild Flag MDT Stockholm, mumok and Burgtheater Kasino within ImPulsTanz Festival Vienna, Galpao Bela Maré and Carpintaria, Rio de Janeiro.